Ioannis Vorgias has shown a keen interest in art since childhood, whilst later studying art, in Athens and both later on, in Italy.
On his return to Greece, he continued to maintain contacts with many contemporary young artists and especially with the eminent, then, Dimitris Perdikidis, who had a brilliant career in Spain.
- Ioannis Vorgias has had 7 solo exhibitions and has also participated in many group exhibitions in Greece as well as abroad.
- Being a member of the Salon des Independents in Paris, since 1993, he frequently exhibits at the Grand Palais.
- During 2016 and 2017, he exhibits in the Carrousel of the Louvre Museum, chosen as a member of the Salon des Indépendants.
- During the year 2018, he exhibited at the International art exhibition, Biennale delle Nazioni of Venice, in the impressive two story Renaissance Building, the Scuola di Misericordia.
There he received the Dogi Prize, as well as the Tiziano Prize.
- At the 4th May ’18, he is awarded for an artwork of his, the Raffaello Prize in the Gnudi Palace, in the City of Bologna.
- An artwork of his, has been accepted in the permanent exhibition of the European Art Museum in Denmark, as a representative of Greece, where the Mayor, Steffen Jensen, of the Town of Frederiksværk (40 klm, north of Copenhagen), and the Curator of the Museum, Leif Nielsen, on the 1st of September, 2018, will greet the artists proceeding the official opening.
- As a memer of the Salon des Indépendants, Ioannis Vorgias, will be once again exhibiting at the Carrousel of the Louvre Museum, from Thursday the 18th to the 21st of October, 2018.
- His next participation will be from the 26th of November 2018 to the 1st of December at the
ART EXHIBITION in BRUGES – International Biennal of FLANDERS at the Oud Sint Jan Museum.
During 1993, in Athens, he founded the Centre of Life Long Learning, “BORGIAS Fine Art, Culture & Design” with a range of complete visual programmes (www.borgias-art.gr)
He teaches freehand drawing, colour, philosophy and art history.
International and local publications have mentioned his work, such as “Who is Who”, “Melissa”, etc., as well as reputable art critics and people of the arts, a few to mention are Fotis Mastichiadis, (engraver) and the art critics Vassos Kountouridis, Kyriakos Valavanis, as well as many more.
He lives and works in Paleo Faliro, where his art school is located.
He speaks four languages, fluently.